Whether you’re a serious athlete, or enjoy sports for fun and fitness, getting sidelined by an injury is frustrating. No one likes waiting around for an injury to heal on its own. But with the help of our physical therapists, you’ll be able to get back to the sports you love sooner, and decrease your risk of reinjury in the future.
Common sport-related injuries include:
- Strain or “pulled muscle” – when a muscle or tendon is stretched too far or torn, such as during heavy weightlifting
- Sprain – when a ligament is stretched too far or torn
- Shin splints – increased tension exerted on the shinbone and underlying connective tissues, often caused by running
- Knee injuries – quick turns and pivots such as when playing basketball or tennis can cause a painful wrenching or hyperextension of the knee, which puts pressure on the meniscus and anterior cruciate ligament
- Overuse conditions such as tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, and throwing or swinging related shoulder injuries
One of the best things you can do for a sports injury is to treat it as soon as possible. Depending on how serious the injury is and whether or not surgery is needed, the care plan and period of recovery can vary, so don’t wait to get started! Our expert PT’s have a range of personal sports and bodybuilding experience. They’ll create an individualized treatment plan for you, based on your body, your sport, and your specific injury, to get you back in the game as soon as possible.
Ready to start feeling better?
Call to schedule your first appointment today!